Calgary Taekwon-do Instructors
Mr. Arden has been training in ITF Taekwon-Do for over 31 years. He has been teaching for 25 years. Previously, two of Mr. Arden’s Taekwon-Do students qualified to compete in the ITF World Championships hosted in Jesolo, Italy and Dublin, Ireland. Mr. Arden has competed in and won tournaments across Canada including Provincials, Nationals and Pan-American Championships. Recently he won a Bronze medal at the World Cup in sparring. Mr. Arden is currently a 6th Degree Black Belt, a certified International Instructor/Examiner, and a Class A Umpire - regularly officiating international tournaments.
Mrs. Arden has been training Taekwon-Do for over 24 years under the guidance of Mr. Arden. Mrs. Arden has been teaching for the last 18 years. She has competed at the Canadian National level, winning silver and bronze. Mrs. Arden is currently a 4th Degree Black Belt and an International Class A Umpire. She has attended World Cup Championships as an Umpire in Budapest, Hungary and Sydney, Australia.
- Ms. Michelle Brandes - 3rd Degree
- Ms. Elke Fraser - 3rd Degree
- Mr. Tyler Chan - 3rd Degree
- Ms. Johanna Holden Parker - 2nd Degree
- Mr. Paul Chan - 2nd Degree
- Mr. Sergio Montemurro - 2nd Degree
- Ms. Tatianna Arden - 1st Degree
- Mr. Zak Arden - 1st Degree
- Mr. Dave Burwell - 1st Degree
- Mrs. Christine Baker - 1st Degree
- Mr. Tony Smith - 1st Degree
JUNIOR BLACK BELTS
- Mr. Zachary Wong - 2nd Degree
- Ms. Paige Fenton - 1st Degree
- Mr. Rajin Narang - 1st Degree
- Mr. Alex Burwell - 1st Degree
- Mr. Hodos Chan - 1st Degree
- Ms. Alyssa Wong - 1st Degree
- Mr. Andy Shi - 1st Degree
- Mr. Ethan Stewart - 1st Degree
- Ms. Olivia Stewart - 1st Degree
- Ms. Sahar Hosseini - 1st Degree
- Mr. Sameem Hosseini - 1st Degree
Assistant Instructors for Taekwon-do Classes in Calgary
Mr Dunbar began his journey in Taekwon-Do in 1974, first training under the oversight of First Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha while in the British Military as a student of the UKTA and later under the guidance of Master Sandy Dunbar and Master Michael Thompson of the UKTF. He first started instructing while in the British Military in 1981 and as a civilian for the past 35 years. While Mr Dunbar does not compete very often, he enjoys supporting events through umpiring and officiating. Mr Dunbar is currently a 4th Degree.
Mr. Stoffregen began training Taekwon-Do in 2007 under the guidance of Mr. and Mrs. Arden receiving promotion to 3rd Degree Black Belt in 2015 from Master Moretti. Mr. Stoffregen, like many who began training Taekwon-Do at a later age, simply wanted to provide an opportunity for improved fitness and self-confidence in his children. He quickly embraced the rich and complex challenges and rewards associated with Taekwon-Do training, instructing, officiating, and competition, all of which are now a lifelong journey.